It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fahim: Hi i have never played BG series so i bought the definitive dungeons and dragons set during the summer sale,
isn't it possible to play the vanilla game directly after the gog installation ?
Yes, you can play Vanilla BG1 without mods but I would recommend at least installing the BG fixpack (from Gibberlings3) as it removes some bugs that could otherwise crash the game (you can say 'no' to any 'optional but cool' options to keep it vanilla) - read the readme for details of what it does

Edit: Hmm, can't seem to find the BG1 fixpack to link to it - Gibberlings3 has the BG2 fixpack and the BG1 Tweakpack
Edit 2: http://www.baldurdash.org/BG1/bg1fixes.html - this has a lot of individual fixes and the fixpack all-in-one
Post edited July 10, 2013 by TrollumThinks
I got through vanilla BG1 just how it comes from GOG with no problems at all.

I wouldn't go back after Easy TuTu, but you can do it.
olnorton: I got through vanilla BG1 just how it comes from GOG with no problems at all.

I wouldn't go back after Easy TuTu, but you can do it.
what resolution did you play on ? my native resolution is 1280*1024, are there any bugs or glitches in the gog version ?
Post edited July 10, 2013 by Fahim
Fahim: what resolution did you play on ? my native resolution is 1280*1024, are there any bugs or glitches in the gog version ?
Well you can forget about lofty screen resolutions.
Vanilla BG1 is 640X480
It was too long ago to remember if it had minor bugs, but certainly no game breaking ones.

If you don't mind going nearly vanilla, 800 X 600 with the widescreen mod looks good.
Post edited July 11, 2013 by olnorton
I'm getting a slightly laggy/choppy mouse and animations. I'm on a Dell Inspiron 14z Ultrabook (Core i5, 4GB RAM, can switch between Intel Graphics and an ATI 1GB GRAM GPU). Either with the Intel Graphics or ATI GPU on, I'm getting the same results.

I installed pretty much everything from the OP, with most optionals except most of the Baldur's Gate II Tweak Pack, particularly didn't install anything that changes the rules of the game.

I already turned off antivirus (ESET), memory-hungry apps (Firefox, Skydrive)... last I checked the Task Manager didn't detect spikes in CPU or memory use.

Anyone have ideas to improve performance?
Try turning off 3D Acceleration in BGConfig. Hardware & 2D & 3D options
olnorton: Try turning off 3D Acceleration in BGConfig. Hardware & 2D & 3D options
*slaps forehead* Thanks brother, this was greatly helpful. I didn't notice there was this BGConfig program!

Actually 3D acceleration was already off, but the game was set to roll with average performance. I pushed everything to the maximum and it started playing fluid as whisky. Thanks again!
i have installed according to the instructions provided in the 1st post, started up the the game and played for 10 mins everything seems fine, i have never played a game this old but it still looks beautiful, surprising that i was just 7 years old when this game came out , never knew i would play it when i am 22.
Hi,

Great post, first of all. Followed your directions and everything works great... ALMOST.

I downloaded BG1/BG2 of GOG, and I just noticed (now in Chapter 6...) that playing the game via BGT, I don't have access to the TotSC content.

Is this normal, or is there something I can do to gain access to the expansion?

Thanks.
Y2Kia: Hi,

Great post, first of all. Followed your directions and everything works great... ALMOST.

I downloaded BG1/BG2 of GOG, and I just noticed (now in Chapter 6...) that playing the game via BGT, I don't have access to the TotSC content.

Thanks.
Does Durlag's Tower show up on the world map? You should be able to get to Ulgoth's Beard if you walk north at Wyrm's Crossing.
Y2Kia: Hi,

Thanks.
Hickory: Does Durlag's Tower show up on the world map? You should be able to get to Ulgoth's Beard if you walk north at Wyrm's Crossing.
That worked! Thanks!

I guess I just assumed it wasn't there because it wasn't grayed out on my map like it was years and years ago... Cheers.
i did everything by the guide.....

and the game still looks the exact fucking same as it had before i did anything

everything is installed.. how exactly do i launch it then

because clearly from the original game application icons doesn't do anything
Post edited August 13, 2013 by skannerz22
low rated
this is fucking shit

NOTHING IS WORKING

I RUN BOTH GAMES AND THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME AS THEY WERE BEFORE MODS

EMAIL ME WHY THIS MOD GUIDE IS A PIECE OF SHIT

skannerz22@yahoo.com
Post edited August 13, 2013 by skannerz22
skannerz22: this is fucking shit

NOTHING IS WORKING

I RUN BOTH GAMES AND THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME AS THEY WERE BEFORE MODS

EMAIL ME WHY THIS MOD GUIDE IS A PIECE OF SHIT

skannerz22@yahoo.com
Grow up!
I now realize the error of my ways. Use G3's fixpack, its the best yo!
Post edited August 15, 2013 by QuichSavo