It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tey_nagra: I'm trying to get to the emergency mirror site and I'm not connecting. Is there any other way to get the mods?
The three mods from G3 in the first post are these:

BG2 Fixpack

BG2 Tweaks

Widescreen Mod

The others are not from G3, so go to their respective sites.
tey_nagra: I'm trying to get to the emergency mirror site and I'm not connecting. Is there any other way to get the mods?
Hickory: The three mods from G3 in the first post are these:

BG2 Fixpack

BG2 Tweaks

Widescreen Mod

The others are not from G3, so go to their respective sites.
Thanks!

EDIT: The BGT-WeiDU link also wouldn't connect, but I was able to download it elsewhere
Post edited April 13, 2013 by tey_nagra
Is there a mod/tweak that changes the sound files to openal, allowing players to use EAX settings without needing an EAX sound card?
Doppelganger0451: Is there a mod/tweak that changes the sound files to openal, allowing players to use EAX settings without needing an EAX sound card?
Baldur's Gate is a very old isometric game. You do not need EAX, it sounds awful, believe me.
Is there a mod that prevents companions from leaving if you don't finish their quest fast enough?

I picked up Kivan recently but I heard he leaves in 5 days if you don't get to the bandit camp and I haven't a clue where it is (I think it might be even further away than the nashkel mines)
Post edited April 17, 2013 by Dizzard
Dizzard: Is there a mod that prevents companions from leaving if you don't finish their quest fast enough?

I picked up Kivan recently but I heard he leaves in 5 days if you don't get to the bandit camp and I haven't a clue where it is (I think it might be even further away than the nashkel mines)
You heard wrong. Kivan does not leave because of a quest timer. He would only leave if your reputation became very low (3 or below). Take your time.
Dizzard: Is there a mod that prevents companions from leaving if you don't finish their quest fast enough?

Hickory: You heard wrong. Kivan does not leave because of a quest timer. He would only leave if your reputation became very low (3 or below). Take your time.
Ah ok. Thanks

I went and got Ajantis, I don't really like having a "holier than thou" character but he'll do for the time being.

I'm a little stuck on the Viconia encounter, I don't want to kill her but I also don't want Ajantis getting moody because I didn't hand her over to be slaughtered over an apparent murder which I know nothing about. So for now I'll stay away from that area. Plus I kinda like Viconia....if only her alignment wasn't evil. :(
Post edited April 17, 2013 by Dizzard
Dizzard: I'm a little stuck on the Viconia encounter, I don't want to kill her but I also don't want Ajantis getting moody because I didn't hand her over to be slaughtered over an apparent murder which I know nothing about. So for now I'll stay away from that area. Plus I kinda like Viconia....if only her alignment wasn't evil. :(
What I normally do with Viconia, if my party is good-aligned, is to rescue her, take her in and then go back to the Friendly Arm Inn and drop her off, so that I can pick her up later if need be. I do that with most characters I meet if my party isn't full -- keeping them in the Friendly Arm is handy if you need somebody in a pinch. Bear in mind, though, that if your reputation is above 18 when you drop evil characters off, they will walk off into the sunset, never to be seen again, just as good aligned would walk off if your reputation was very low.
Hey guys, thanks for this, was waiting for ages for an update on this game.

My problem is that when I launch the game it says:

Since this the first time you are running Baldur's GAte II: Throne of Bhaal, please take a moment to configurate the game. Once you have the settings the way you want, click "OK" to save your changes and the game will launch.

The problem is: the game does not launch aftwerward ... and then I have to do it again and the game still does not launch.

Help, someone ?

Oh and if I launch the BGI exe I get the vanilla game with nothing new in it :(
Post edited April 28, 2013 by ngame016
What is must have mods for BG1+BG2?
vilkort: What is must have mods for BG1+BG2?
There's no such thing. Make your own mind up.
Another question: Should i install Baldur's Gate II Fixpack v10 with or without Beta core fixes?
vilkort: Another question: Should i install Baldur's Gate II Fixpack v10 with or without Beta core fixes?
A Beta is a Beta. In other words, it has not been properly tested, and may (probably will) contain bugs. So long as you keep this in mind, and are prepared to risk any bugs ruining your game, then go ahead and install them -- I do not. Just remember that you have been warned.
All right, thank you for answers. :)
First, thanks for the guide, it's been amazingly useful.

I've not had any problems with the installation so far, although the BGT installation took ages but i suppose that's to be expected considering what it does.
GoJays2025: 13. Go to your Baldur's Gate II directory, then find and run the file Setup-BGTMusic.exe and select 'Hybrid Baldur’s Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal music'. This makes it possible to hear the original Baldur's Gate music when playing Baldur's Gate I.
With regards to the above according to the postinstall readme i have 3 options when i run Setup-BGTMusic.exe:

1. Full Baldur’s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast music: Activates all original Baldur’s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast music. If you play Shadows of Amn and/or Throne of Bhaal with this component installed, the music heard will be incorrect. For best results, when you decide that you want to play Shadows of Amn and/or Throne of Bhaal, uninstall this component to restore the default music for Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal.

2. Hybrid Baldur’s Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal music: Keeps all music for Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal, but activates only some music for Baldur’s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast. Effort has been made to ensure the music is as appropriate as possible for each area.

3. Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music (WARNING: patches BGMain.exe): Utilises a hack to the executable created by Taimon to allow all Baldur's Gate I and Baldur's Gate II music to be used. The executable hack increases the numbers of SONGLIST.2DA rows supported by the game. Use at your own risk.
Now i know that you recommend option 2 but it would seem to me that in order to try and keep the games as much like they were intended to be while obviously still using BGT that option 3 would actually be the better option, however i'm assuming that the reason you recommend option 2 over option 3 is due to the patch of BGMain.exe hence the warning given in the postinstall readme.

My question is, is it really such a bad idea to use option 3 and if so what are the dangers? I mean i also installed TobEX prior to the BG2 Fixpack & from my understanding that also patches the BGMain.exe but is recommended by a lot of people.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

P.s Having read that through it sounds a little argumentative to me. It isn't meant to i just didn't know how else to phrase it.
Post edited June 14, 2013 by Squall88uk