It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sheepjuggler: Okay, here's what's going on now... I uninstalled & reinstalled BG 2, but using the GOG downloader auto-installs it in the GOG folder, and if I use the browser install I get files I can't open. I'm so unhappy/bummed/frustrated... :(
Use the options button within the GOG installer to change directories. C:\Games\BG2 should do.
sheepjuggler: Okay, here's what's going on now... I uninstalled & reinstalled BG 2, but using the GOG downloader auto-installs it in the GOG folder, and if I use the browser install I get files I can't open. I'm so unhappy/bummed/frustrated... :(
GoJays2025: Use the options button within the GOG installer to change directories. C:\Games\BG2 should do.
OMG, there's an options button!! Thanks, man. Trying that now.
Having installed the mods as described in the OP, I'm getting a persistent crash the first time I try to loot a body after combat. Anyone know what might be amiss?

I'm running the exactl default loadout described in the OP on Win 7 64-bit with a core i7 processor, 3 GB of DDR3 RAM, and an NVidia GTX 260. Any help appreciated.
Post edited March 05, 2012 by Vinraith
Can I install the tweak pack and still play an account that I had prior for installation?
(For BG2)

Thanks
djschaef: When I try to install Tweaks (as admin on win 7), the console windows opens quickly, displays some text, and then closes without any installation prompts. The debug file shows the following:

WeiDU v 22400 Log

C:\Games\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\setup-bg2_tweaks.exe
version = 23100
Newest WeiDU is version 23100, updating!
WeiDU files in version order:
[SETUP-UB.exe] version 23100
[Setup-GUI.exe] version 23100
[setup-bgtmusic.exe] version 23100
[setup-bgt.exe] version 23100
[setup-bg1ub.exe] version 23100
[setup-bg2_tweaks.exe] version 22400
[SETUP-UB.exe] loaded, 695296 bytes
Copying [SETUP-UB.exe] -> [setup-bg2_tweaks.exe]: false

Can anyone land a hand getting this figured out?

I receive the same error on step 11 installing the widescreen mod and on step 14 when installing the tweaks.

Thanks!
I have this exact problem.
I'm following the install list for BG2 at the top of the post. After each step I check to make sure the game still starts up. So far everything's fine, except after installing the widescreen mod the game doesn't start in widescreen. I've reinstalled 3 time and still no widescreen. It works fine for PS:T. The only difference is I installed the widescreen mod before installing anything else. Any help you can give would be appreciated.
okiraan: I'm following the install list for BG2 at the top of the post. After each step I check to make sure the game still starts up. So far everything's fine, except after installing the widescreen mod the game doesn't start in widescreen.
You will not see anything widescreen until you start the game proper. For BG2, everything is centered 4:3 except for the game world. (The widescreen mod is generally recommended to be last in install order though)
Post edited April 08, 2012 by anamorphic
Oh, thanks. Also, is there a mod to resize the font? Can I use the one I used for PS:T?
okiraan: Oh, thanks. Also, is there a mod to resize the font?
I have not tested it but you can try this bigger font mod. (There is an alternate version further down the page)
Post edited April 08, 2012 by anamorphic
What are some resolutions to try in the Widescreen Mod if you are using a 1680x1050 monitor? Using 1680x1050 makes everything too small to read but when I try 1280x800 my game won't even start for some reason. Hmm maybe I'll just play without the widescreen mod. It doesn't look THAT bad and it is kind of nice to have everything blown up and easier to see. Then again I haven't had the chance to see it in it's widescreen glory...
SavageManLove: What are some resolutions to try in the Widescreen Mod if you are using a 1680x1050 monitor? Using 1680x1050 makes everything too small to read but when I try 1280x800 my game won't even start for some reason.
Your monitor might not support anything lower. Try making a custom resolution first in your graphics control panel. Make sure you set it to 60Hz refresh rate (default for LCDs).

Personally I like to use a custom 1066x600 for BG2 (which is 16:9 aspect; for your monitor at 16:10 aspect it would be 960x600). This makes the game use the 800x600 GUI set (only wider), with less borders around the screens, for less of a shock when you switch to inventory, etc.

The game was not designed for widescreen though, so there is not too much glory in it. We'll have to see how much there is when the Enhanced Edition is released. :)
SavageManLove: What are some resolutions to try in the Widescreen Mod if you are using a 1680x1050 monitor? Using 1680x1050 makes everything too small to read but when I try 1280x800 my game won't even start for some reason.
anamorphic: Your monitor might not support anything lower. Try making a custom resolution first in your graphics control panel. Make sure you set it to 60Hz refresh rate (default for LCDs).

Personally I like to use a custom 1066x600 for BG2 (which is 16:9 aspect; for your monitor at 16:10 aspect it would be 960x600). This makes the game use the 800x600 GUI set (only wider), with less borders around the screens, for less of a shock when you switch to inventory, etc.

The game was not designed for widescreen though, so there is not too much glory in it. We'll have to see how much there is when the Enhanced Edition is released. :)
Checked to see what lower resolutions my monitor supported while still being widescreen and found one. Thanks.
Great List!
First time to the forums, so please forgive me if this has already been addressed. When installing the baldurs gate 2 fixpack, I continue to get the error, dialog.tlk on a prompt screen. It says that it cannot be found and that the patching failed. Is this a normal problem or has something else happened?

I would really love to get all of the patches and such working for Baldurs Gate 2. I only purchased the game a few weeks ago, which makes me extremely late at playing it. Problem is though, that I'm not real savvy with directory files and modding, or how patching was done back then. So any help at all in streamlining the process would be extremely appreciated.

I should probably also mention that I have the CD copy of the game, not a digital download.
Post edited April 27, 2012 by POTOSI
POTOSI: I should probably also mention that I have the CD copy of the game, not a digital download.
Firstly, you should install the game somewhere other than 'C:\Program Files' to keep it out of the evil clutches of Windows. Then with a CD copy, you might need to apply the official patch. If you have ToB, obviously get the ToB patch. (DVD versions might or might not already be patched, I'm not entirely sure)

Lastly when you extract the mod, make sure it goes into your BG2 installation folder. In the same folder should be the file 'dialog.tlk'. Then click the mod 'setup-bg2fixpack.exe' file to install it. That should work.