It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Elmofongo: Ok I conquered the upper levels of the tower, now I must brave the lower dungeons.

So on the first floor there are these dwarves called Warders and the speak all cryptic and such, just tell me what I really have to do.
Hickory: Oh no, I couldn't do that. Seriously, it would totally spoil the whole concept of Durlag's Tower. Don't skip rooms; don't rush; examine everything; take notes if you must, but you will gain a far greater sense of achievement if you do it without being told how. It isn't that difficult really, because there are clues everywhere. Stick at it, and you'll feel a buzz when you finally succeed.
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/232/e/a/high_resolution_dexter_reaction_image_for__co__by_dltoon-d5bssz1.png
Elmofongo: Ok I conquered the upper levels of the tower, now I must brave the lower dungeons.

So on the first floor there are these dwarves called Warders and the speak all cryptic and such, just tell me what I really have to do.
Hickory: Oh no, I couldn't do that. Seriously, it would totally spoil the whole concept of Durlag's Tower. Don't skip rooms; don't rush; examine everything; take notes if you must, but you will gain a far greater sense of achievement if you do it without being told how. It isn't that difficult really, because there are clues everywhere. Stick at it, and you'll feel a buzz when you finally succeed.
OK I am in the second floor of Lower Durlag's Tower. I already took out 2 of thee Greater Dopplegangers, but there is this one room where I am forced to fight 3 of them at once while I am trapped in the room with them, and remember when they appear they explode with random things like stinkcloud, fire, and some orange smoke I don't know.

What strategy do you recommend to take them down?

EDIT: Nevermind I manage to beat him the easist way possible, any way in the room where I fought them, there are 2 secret doors on the sides, but I don't know how to open them, I been in there before, but when I regroup my party to heal and rest and then save the doors closed, and I do not know how to open them

Map:

http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/maps/durlagstower-d2.html
Post edited September 17, 2013 by Elmofongo
Elmofongo: any way in the room where I fought them, there are 2 secret doors on the sides, but I don't know how to open them, I been in there before, but when I regroup my party to heal and rest and then save the doors closed, and I do not know how to open them
You cannot leave that area or rest if you don't want all of the doors to reset. It's one of the features of that floor. You will have to start again in the statue room by the entrance to open the doors. Try to get into the lever room, because there are levers in there that open every single door. But take note of messages when you activate each lever.
Elmofongo: any way in the room where I fought them, there are 2 secret doors on the sides, but I don't know how to open them, I been in there before, but when I regroup my party to heal and rest and then save the doors closed, and I do not know how to open them
Hickory: You cannot leave that area or rest if you don't want all of the doors to reset. It's one of the features of that floor. You will have to start again in the statue room by the entrance to open the doors. Try to get into the lever room, because there are levers in there that open every single door. But take note of messages when you activate each lever.
I am at the third floor (yes I know I hve not beaten the tower yet, but thats college for you)

Anyway I killed the Greater Wyverns in the room with a Large skeleton and there are statues where I can recruit that person trapped in it, do I really need the Statue guys for help?

EDIT: I saved before it this, I am in a chess room where my party are lined up like chess pieces. A voice said not to move in a squere thats not mine or else lighting comes, but the opposing chess pieces are moving everywhere and they are not punished for it, what do I do?

My Party:

Fighter
Paladin
Ranger
Thief
Cleric
Invoker
Post edited September 19, 2013 by Elmofongo
Elmofongo: EDIT: I saved before it this, I am in a chess room where my party are lined up like chess pieces. A voice said not to move in a squere thats not mine or else lighting comes, but the opposing chess pieces are moving everywhere and they are not punished for it, what do I do?

My Party:

Fighter
Paladin
Ranger
Thief
Cleric
Invoker
If you move one of your characters, make sure to move it as the appropriate chess piece would move (you have two knights, two bishops, a king and a queen). But basically, just kill the opposing king and you win. You can then move freely across to the other side. If you toss some fireballs or AoE spells onto the board, you'll wipe out quite a lot of the opposition. You can then wait until the opposing king and queen attack and then kill them.
Elmofongo: EDIT: I saved before it this, I am in a chess room where my party are lined up like chess pieces. A voice said not to move in a squere thats not mine or else lighting comes, but the opposing chess pieces are moving everywhere and they are not punished for it, what do I do?

My Party:

Fighter
Paladin
Ranger
Thief
Cleric
Invoker
Don't move at the start! Use your mage to throw out a web in the centre of the room. Then throw out the best AOE damage spell you have, as far as possible to deal with the pawns (they rush you, but they fall easily), then get ready for any pieces that attack. Try to hold your ground and use disabling tactics where possible, and concentrate on their king: he dies... game over.

My Party:

Fighter
Paladin
Ranger
Thief
Cleric
Invoker
Hickory: Don't move at the start! Use your mage to throw out a web in the centre of the room. Then throw out the best AOE damage spell you have, as far as possible to deal with the pawns (they rush you, but they fall easily), then get ready for any pieces that attack. Try to hold your ground and use disabling tactics where possible, and concentrate on their king: he dies... game over.
4th floor.

There is a red carpet with runes on it and crossing it spams all kinds of traps, how do I bypass it?
Elmofongo: 4th floor.

There is a red carpet with runes on it and crossing it spams all kinds of traps, how do I bypass it?
You need to find a way to turn off the machine that's powering it. Look around, including rooms nearby.
Elmofongo: 4th floor.

Hickory: You need to find a way to turn off the machine that's powering it. Look around, including rooms nearby.
Please help me, and enough with the secrecy of Durlag's Tower, I really want to beat the game today.

Anyway I got this Boneward stone for turning on the machine that deactivates the Carpet Trap, but I used but it still does not work for some reason. I exhausted all options and nothing so please tell me how do I deactivate the trap?
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Baldur%27s+Gate+walkthrough

:p
Elmofongo: Please help me, and enough with the secrecy of Durlag's Tower, I really want to beat the game today.

Anyway I got this Boneward stone for turning on the machine that deactivates the Carpet Trap, but I used but it still does not work for some reason. I exhausted all options and nothing so please tell me how do I deactivate the trap?
Check the walkthrough for the 4th floor Here.
Elmofongo: Please help me, and enough with the secrecy of Durlag's Tower, I really want to beat the game today.

Coelocanth: Check the walkthrough for the 4th floor Here.
OK the DemonKnight.......Strategic Recomendations?
Elmofongo: OK the DemonKnight.......Strategic Recomendations?
Summon fodder before you see him, and send them in
Position archers around the circle
Warrior go and smash the mirror
Doom and Greater Malison on the Demon Knight
Ranged attacks with +2 arrows or Arrows of Biting/Acid
Beat on / gulp potions / rinse /repeat
Elmofongo: OK the DemonKnight.......Strategic Recomendations?
Hickory: Summon fodder before you see him, and send them in
Position archers around the circle
Warrior go and smash the mirror
Doom and Greater Malison on the Demon Knight
Ranged attacks with +2 arrows or Arrows of Biting/Acid
Beat on / gulp potions / rinse /repeat
...Or I just buff the fuck out of my Fighter protaginist Argronok with all the potions I have and then kill him while he is distracted.....yeah.

BUT now I must face the Demon in the Dagger, but these cultist casts hold spells on my party, Strategic Recommendations?
Elmofongo: BUT now I must face the Demon in the Dagger, but these cultist casts hold spells on my party, Strategic Recommendations?
Ring/potion of Freedom.

If you don't want any of your party to turn on you as ghouls, you must have some dispel arrows/spells/scrolls, because the Tanar'ri casts death gaze regularly, and any member stricken will slowly die, then turn into a ghoul. If you see them dying, dispel is your only hope -- potions don't work.

Tactics: you MUST concentrate on the head disciple first, because she's a spellcaster who will cause you grief, then concentrate on the remaining disciples -- ignore the Tanar'ri for now; do not bother with buffs, because the Tanar'ri also dispel those; summon, summon, summon, to keep the Tanar'ri busy while you deal with the disciples; when the last disciple is dead, concentrate on the demon. All of this is because when you kill it, the demon jumps into any live disciple.
Post edited September 19, 2013 by Hickory