It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
This 1.2.0 update has been 6-months in the making and features a full-UI re-design by Jamie Churchman, the artist from Mini Metro, including the much requested Dark Mode and UI scaling. We've also brought our own cross-platform leaderboards online with downloadable ghosts, which means that they'll be starting from fresh.

More highlights are updated AI times, better low-end torque on all cars and better performance.

We've been working full-time on the game since it launched in September and are continuing onto more locations even after Kenya!

We hope you enjoy this update and stay tuned for the Kenya Update dropping later this Summer!

Check out the exciting Polacolour update trailer by clicking here

features

huge re-design of the UI and also dark mode and UI scaling
cross-platform leaderboards with downloadable ghosts of anyone you see on the leaderboard
car physics body collider is less bouncy
lowered the maximum torque rpm for all cars.
raised the rev limit for group 2 cars and vans.
updated baseline ai times
rain ai times use faster times from the wet leaderboards
dynamic resolution scaling when running the game in DX12 (need to use this launch option: -force-d3d12) Setting Game Launch Options Disclaimer: DX12 may not be fully stable, which is why the default is DX11

improvements

optimized grass shader
optimized vegetation cutout shader
lighting for all times-of-day have only one light instead of multiple lights for better performance.
stages now use ambient light from the skybox instead of a gradient, which gives equal or better lighting to the previous multiple directional lights and also doesn't tint the dust/smoke blue.
updated localization for new terms and also fixed some existing terms
road bumps have been toned down as they were throwing the car at high speeds
last used cars and liveries are now saved between runs so you no longer need to cycle through and pick your favourite every time

fixes

the pebble v1 now has 5 gears
dirtiness should now be correctly carried over from each stage.
fix hammer v3 light position
fix hammer v3 red livery
fog lighting doesn't cast shadows and they weren't noticeable before anyways, which gives a performance boost
fixed class video compatibility issues
fixed missing transmission sfx on some cars
time attack last played settings now load correctly
possible fix for changing song during a race causing a skip in gameplay
fix bug where using photo mode after changing language mid race could lead to a crash
fix for controller vibration issues with multiple controllers plugged in
fix screen fades not working correctly on super wide monitors
fix bug where one weather type would be applied to all stages of the same name in custom rally

And if you've enjoyed the game and can spare a moment for a review it's much appreciated!

v1.2.0a Hotfix is up with online event and ghost car fixes!
Post edited June 20, 2021 by fideelio
fideelio: This 1.2.0 update has been 6-months in the making
Linux and Mac next week then?
Patiently waiting the sweet update to land on Linux :)
high rated
v1.2.0a Hotfix is up with online event and ghost car fixes.
penalanjii: Patiently waiting the sweet update to land on Linux :)
mac and linux builds are coming, promise.
Does the 1.2 update make the game impossible to launch on linux for someone else, or is it just me ?
It's not launching for me either and there are also other bug report for this on official Discord channel. Fingers crossed it gets resolved.
Can confirm the Linux issue too.

Game opens to a beige background and just sits there. The previous version of the game worked fine.

My System:
GPU: Radeon RX 6800
GPU Drivers: Mesa: 21.1.3

Things I tried (and all failed):

Removing game profile and starting fresh.
LLVMpipe software rasterizer instead of the AMD driver.
Starting game with -screen-width and -screen-height options (IIRC another Unity game needed this so was worth a shot).

Player.log file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1en-p4B0JoAKLAh57qgwzInUzvWDvwpl_
Post edited June 22, 2021 by Ganni1987
fideelio: This 1.2.0 update has been 6-months in the making and features a full-UI re-design by Jamie Churchman, the artist from Mini Metro, including the much requested Dark Mode and UI scaling. We've also brought our own cross-platform leaderboards online with downloadable ghosts, which means that they'll be starting from fresh.

Very impressive! Thank you!

This will make us wait until the arrival of the Kenya event :-)
Hi all,
I can't run the 1.2.0a on Linux as well. The symptoms are the same as Ganni1987.

The game log contains, among other messages, errors opening the file "${art_of_rally_dir}/game/artofrally_Data/Mono/libudev.so", which indeed does not exist on the filesystem.

The rest of the log is this message (a lot of it):
"GetInt error:The method or operation is not implemented. HAS_PLAYED_INTRODUCTION
(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)"

Cheers to the devs, the game is awesome. Hope the issue is easy to fix. I can't stress enough how much I appreciate the native Linux version.
Post edited June 24, 2021 by evilstormer
1.2.0b seems to have the same problem on Linux. Though I'm not sure why it was uploaded.
the dev team is aware of the linux issues, but no timeline for a fix just yet. sorry. :(
fideelio: the dev team is aware of the linux issues, but no timeline for a fix just yet. sorry. :(
Alright, just wanted to notify people since it wasn't a long time yet.
Can the Linux users please post the distro and version you're using?

I've been trying to find the cause of the problem without much luck.
Ganni1987: Can the Linux users please post the distro and version you're using?
1.2.0b and 1.2.0c game. Debian Buster / 10.
Ganni1987: Can the Linux users please post the distro and version you're using?

I've been trying to find the cause of the problem without much luck.
Ubuntu 20.04.2, tried both 1.2.0a and 1.2.0b.
Didn't tinker much, created symlinks to the system libudev.so where the game expects them to be (art of rally/game/artofrally_Data/Mono/), at least these errors went away. The error "GetInt error:The method or operation is not implemented. HAS_PLAYED_INTRODUCTION" persists.
Post edited June 25, 2021 by evilstormer