It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Crypton / Radhz / FilthyJack / GoG -

I might be a couple of years late to get in on the wave of Arcanum modding, but I've finally decided to get my hands dirty and do some myself. I really want to implement a way to save a character's inventory and/or progress within a multiplayer module.

I'm mainly concerned with doing so over the Network setting. I'm a competent developer and am looking for information on recommended tools to make this mod. If it's beyond the scope of any current modding tools, I'm interested in any resources you might have on how to get the game source code and process of re-compilation.
bouckj: Crypton / Radhz / FilthyJack / GoG -

I might be a couple of years late to get in on the wave of Arcanum modding, but I've finally decided to get my hands dirty and do some myself. I really want to implement a way to save a character's inventory and/or progress within a multiplayer module.

I'm mainly concerned with doing so over the Network setting. I'm a competent developer and am looking for information on recommended tools to make this mod. If it's beyond the scope of any current modding tools, I'm interested in any resources you might have on how to get the game source code and process of re-compilation.
Unless some modder/hacker managed to disassemble and stitch together a compilable source from game exe I doubt there is source for you to access if one even exists at this point. Most english speaking modders reside at Terra-Arcanum that is apparently going thru major overhaul so you may have to wait till that's done. There seems to be active Arcanum modding community in Russia too but I can't point any modding hub as they are in russian.
Post edited February 15, 2015 by Petrell
High Quality Map Patch:
http://computergames.ro/download/arcanum-high-quality-townmaps/

High Quality Music patch, MP3 version:
http://computergames.ro/download/arcanum-soundtrack-high-quality-mp3

Lossless Soundtrack:
http://computergames.ro/download/arcanum-soundtrack-lossless-wav/

Lossless Music Patch:
http://computergames.ro/download/arcanum-lossless-soundtrack-patch/

These links have a silly txt and url file to the site, but they're the exact same otherwise. If Terra-Arcanium is down for much longer, I might make a topic with new links for the sake of having it all in one post.
Post edited April 07, 2015 by Projectsonic
Projectsonic: High Quality Map Patch:

Lossless Soundtrack:

Lossless Music Patch:

These links have a silly txt and url file to the site, but they're the exact same otherwise. If Terra-Arcanium is down for much longer, I might make a topic with new links for the sake of having it all in one post.
Thanks for the links! I haven't played this game since I was like 8, but I just picked it up on the sale and am excited to get into it! Would you by any chance know where I could download the official Troika modules? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
xveganrox: Thanks for the links! I haven't played this game since I was like 8, but I just picked it up on the sale and am excited to get into it! Would you by any chance know where I could download the official Troika modules? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
I'm hosting them on my site (downloads -> arcanum) and OneDrive account (alternate link).

troika_official_modules.7z contains the six free Arcanum modules created by Troika Games. Modules include Buried Secrets, Deathmatch, Dusty Dunes, Hellgate, Time and Woodmir Race.

Dusty_Dunes_Patch_1.0.7z is unofficial patch for Dusty Dunes module.

LostDungeonofSouls.exe is Troika Games module, once included as pre-order special for those who pre-ordered Arcanum from EB Games.
Post edited March 09, 2015 by Petrell
xveganrox: Thanks for the links! I haven't played this game since I was like 8, but I just picked it up on the sale and am excited to get into it! Would you by any chance know where I could download the official Troika modules? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
Petrell: I'm hosting them on my site (downloads -> arcanum) and OneDrive account (alternate link).

troika_official_modules.7z contains the six free Arcanum modules created by Troika Games. Modules include Buried Secrets, Deathmatch, Dusty Dunes, Hellgate, Time and Woodmir Race.

LostDungeonofSouls.exe is Troika Games module, once included as pre-order special for those who pre-ordered Arcanum from EB Games.
Thanks for the links, I'm greedily slurping them up right now! (As the rest of the links are 404's, nature of the beast..) Let this be a lesson for the new-scholars, that no matter how old a game if it's an RPG, it's guaranteed to generate interest 10-30 yrs later!

(I have the original disks, yet bought the gog vers, due to my hope of a bug-less install/run for modern systems, alas, no such luck..)
takezodunmer2005: Thanks for the links, I'm greedily slurping them up right now! (As the rest of the links are 404's, nature of the beast..) Let this be a lesson for the new-scholars, that no matter how old a game if it's an RPG, it's guaranteed to generate interest 10-30 yrs later!
Primary problem with dead links is Arcanum modding and mod hosting was mostly centralised at Terra Arcanum and no one set up backups for times of extented downtime like it's experiencing currently. Most improtant mods and patches should be available thru various mirrors however.

And, not all RPG's stand the test of time but it's true that those that manage to gather large and/or dedicated fanbase tend to be played and modded for decates.

takezodunmer2005: (I have the original disks, yet bought the gog vers, due to my hope of a bug-less install/run for modern systems, alas, no such luck..)
GOG version should install and play on well on most systems out of the box but you have to apply any unofficial patches yourself if you wish to use them. What kind of problems did you experience during installation or playing the vanilla GOG version?
Post edited March 17, 2015 by Petrell
takezodunmer2005: Thanks for the links, I'm greedily slurping them up right now! (As the rest of the links are 404's, nature of the beast..) Let this be a lesson for the new-scholars, that no matter how old a game if it's an RPG, it's guaranteed to generate interest 10-30 yrs later!
Petrell: Primary problem with dead links is Arcanum modding and mod hosting was mostly centralised at Terra Arcanum and no one set up backups for times of extented downtime like it's experiencing currently. Most improtant mods and patches should be available thru various mirrors however.

And, not all RPG's stand the test of time but it's true that those that manage to gather large and/or dedicated fanbase tend to be played and modded for decates.

takezodunmer2005: (I have the original disks, yet bought the gog vers, due to my hope of a bug-less install/run for modern systems, alas, no such luck..)
Petrell: GOG version should install and play on well on most systems out of the box but you have to apply any unofficial patches yourself if you wish to use them. What kind of problems did you experience during installation or playing the vanilla GOG version?
Sorry for the late "RE" along with my original disk, the gog vers would start up, and play until the primary loading screen, then promptly CTD, I've tried everything from Compat-settings, ticking the 640x480 rez game start, Admin and disable desktop composition, to rolling back my ATI display drivers, reconfiggin' my anti-virus/firewall, my DEP settings, shortcut command line settings, turning off 3D acceleration via the DirectX tool, and even sacrificing goats to the daemon god Drakkoth, the ferocious one, while covered in duck's blood!

So yeah, I figured it has to be some obscure config that's system specific, as the same behavior is noted on both my games, and it's quite frankly driving me loopy, the joys and irritation on being a PC gamer! (^_-) ....Yet I wouldn't have it any other way!

BTW, Win 7 HP 64 vers Radeon HD *6950 Oc'd to 6970 2gb Thermatake 750 watt and an AMD Phenom II 1055 6x Oc'd @ 3.43 GHz....Wait, I haven't tried under clocking my CPU/GPU yet, though I must admit that if that's the case, then I'll simply reinstall on my single-core POS Laptop!

BTW, Love the avatar!
Post edited March 17, 2015 by takezodunmer2005
Does anyone know if the terra arcanum forum is ever coming back? it was my favorite place to read and write about arcanum and it's patches and mods....

I feel like there were plenty of mods I hadn't tried yet over at terra :(

and speaking of mods, is "ultimate arcanum" playable in english? what does it add to the game exactly?
Post edited March 27, 2015 by left1000
Any chance there exists somewhere out there a mod that makes dwarves as fast as humans, or nullifies all encumbrance movement speed debuffs? The slow speed is an annoyingly glaring... annoyance.
Projectsonic: High Quality Map Patch:

Lossless Soundtrack:

Lossless Music Patch:

Music patches are not there now.
ServiusTheBear: Music patches are not there now.
remove "[/url" from end of links :)
ServiusTheBear: Music patches are not there now.
RomanQo-SKK: remove "[/url" from end of links :)
Ooops. I'll fix that right away.
Petrell: I'm hosting them on my site (downloads -> arcanum) and OneDrive account (alternate link).

Do you know if this is needed to be put in before or after the unofficial patch?

DarthSpie: Do you know if this is needed to be put in before or after the unofficial patch?
I don't think it matters as they come in their own DAT files (modules are completely separate from base game) but if you want to be sure, install UAP and any other big mods first.