It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Note:

The files I've uploaded before (3in1) will be online just a couple of days more, since I'm closing that website on 20th of February. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll try to upload the 135Mb archive to another website and post the link soon, but be sure to download them before 20th if you need them now.
I'm on Windows 7 and every time I try to install the unofficial patch I get the error "Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Arcanum\Arcanum.exe". This is also happens with a ton of other files the patch deals with. Any idea how to get around this? I've tried re installing the game several times.
Have you tried installing it outside of the Program Files folder? Under Windows 7, Program Files protects files from writing and editing, making it a very bad place to install games that you want to mod. Try installing it in C:\Arcanum, for example.
bengeddes: Have you tried installing it outside of the Program Files folder? Under Windows 7, Program Files protects files from writing and editing, making it a very bad place to install games that you want to mod. Try installing it in C:\Arcanum, for example.
Worked perfectly. Thanks!
Where can i get elemental silence patch? Terra arcanum link is broken and i cant find it with google.
So, first off, thanks for collecting links to these mods and a good amount of troubleshooting in an easy-to-find place. Second, I'm having issues with the hi-res mod. Basically, before I install it the game looks just fine, if a bit low-res. After, it looks like this: http://screencast.com/t/x6vnqRBpKD (screen scaled strangely, split in half with discolored menu on the left and blue on the right). I've made sure to run everything as an administrator (I'm running Windows 7 64-bit) and reinstalled from scratch to see if it helped but it didn't. I checked after installing each mod (UAP091225, HQ Music, HQ Townmaps, and HighRes1.1a) and it only looked broken after the HighRes patch. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!
I'm having the same error issue with the High Res patch. (Win 7, 64-bit) I've tried running the .exe as an Admin and, at least I thought, in an elevated command prompt, but neither of these strategies has produced a different result. Everything has been installing to C:\Arcanum, in the order prescribed at the beginning of the sticky. Am I correct in assuming that following the error instructions and sending the debug file to the author would be a waste of time?
so, i'm 10 hours into it...and just discovered the Unofficial patch. Should i start it over with it? Can i play the game without it?
Qrusher14242: so, i'm 10 hours into it...and just discovered the Unofficial patch. Should i start it over with it? Can i play the game without it?
You can play without it, although I have never done so. It's really up to you... if you really don't want to start over, you could keep your current character going but then install the patch for the next character you want to try. The game is playable without the patch but there may be some weird glitches, including some quest bugs. I don't think there are any guaranteed game-breaking bugs but you might be able to trigger one by accident.

Or you could use this as an opportunity to make a new character if you've been thinking about a different build. Or even just play the same build if you don't mind playing through those 10 hours again.
Gentlemen, if I may,

Following FraterPerdurabo post about the follower editor and PKodon answer about him not able to download the said editor anywhere, I have done researches of my own and I have managed to find a working link for the follower editor:

[url]http://www.mediafire.com/?0mqk3rnydwjntoz[/url]

There is a thread about the said file (if we are talking about the same editor by Drog Blacktooth) on terra-arcanum website:

[url]http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=15486&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/url]

I hope that it will help to contribute to that invaluable list of files for this fantastic game that Arcanum is.
Post edited March 22, 2012 by elonoic
Below is link to the 'squelch spell buff sfx' patch that was asked before.
From terra-arcanum.com
(link removed, re-uploading).
Would be good if someone can upload to mirror sites as the one above is the only link I can find. The one in terra arc's official DL page is dead.
Post edited March 19, 2013 by atkes
When I use the high res patch (as per steps in the First Post of this thread).

Sometimes there is a scrolling problem (screen won't scroll smoothly)

Using this command to launch the game seems to fix it:
L:\gameinstalldirectoryhere\Arcanum.exe -scrolldist:0

Hope it helps.
So, how good does that level cap remover patch work?
Mirkat: Here is something relatively new I found on the terra-arcanum site - an extra animations pack made to work with the unofficial patch. I did not see this in the sticky so here goes:

Extra Animations Pack (for UAP091225)

This module restores most of the deleted beta content, which wasn't never ever released before. Unofficial Arcanum Patch v091225 required, mostly for compatibility reasons.

Restored content:
-1202 critter animations
-175 monster animations
-88 unique npc animations
-A complete set of new animations, armors and weapons for Orcs. Total 87 new anims
-A new weapons and animations for some monsters, such as phantom
-Original ambient sounds. City, grassland, village, mine, forest, etc. Total 21 sounds
-Bonus, multiplayer online game fix - MatchMaker

There are at least two new animations for every race, weapon and shield:
1) Walking with weapon (and/or shield) equipped
2) Low attack with weapon (and/or shield) equipped
Sorry to re-quote, but should this be 'optional step 4'? FInally downloaded the main three mods.
JTD121: Sorry to re-quote, but should this be 'optional step 4'? FInally downloaded the main three mods.
If you read the info on the extra animation pack it replaces the .exe file. Can anyone confirm that it doesn't break GOG's version not needing the cd?

And as a side note for those of you trying to get the files from the original post, the links do still work. Their server is just... terrible, so if you get an error walk away and try later... I just got them all today that way.