It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So been playing lately and realized that pirates are not spawning at all. I usually play on Demanding but tried Average + Difficult to see if maybe I just encountered a bug but going through 20 games I've yet to see any.

Back around late 90's I would play this game a ton and specifically remember pirates spawning every so often or even having a port on an island where you could pay tribute. I never messed with campaign rarely back then and mostly just played continuous mode so unsure if maybe I'm remembering a campaign but I swore up and down pirates spawned on continuous.
MechaGodJovi: So been playing lately and realized that pirates are not spawning at all. I usually play on Demanding but tried Average + Difficult to see if maybe I just encountered a bug but going through 20 games I've yet to see any.

Back around late 90's I would play this game a ton and specifically remember pirates spawning every so often or even having a port on an island where you could pay tribute. I never messed with campaign rarely back then and mostly just played continuous mode so unsure if maybe I'm remembering a campaign but I swore up and down pirates spawned on continuous.
im in the same boat..playing continuous and on hardest difficulty and no pirates!
Well I'm going to try and reinstall it and see if that works hopefully lol...half the fun was worrying about pirates I thought.
MechaGodJovi: Well I'm going to try and reinstall it and see if that works hopefully lol...half the fun was worrying about pirates I thought.
let me know if that works for you and if it does i will give it a try
MechaGodJovi: Well I'm going to try and reinstall it and see if that works hopefully lol...half the fun was worrying about pirates I thought.
sirblockwood: let me know if that works for you and if it does i will give it a try
It didn't unfortunately so I'm lost as what the problem is but I still am positive there are supposed to be pirates that spawn in early game. Been playing one since my last post so I assume that was plenty of time especially when I was fast forwarding.
sirblockwood: let me know if that works for you and if it does i will give it a try
MechaGodJovi: It didn't unfortunately so I'm lost as what the problem is but I still am positive there are supposed to be pirates that spawn in early game. Been playing one since my last post so I assume that was plenty of time especially when I was fast forwarding.
have you explored every island?
MechaGodJovi: It didn't unfortunately so I'm lost as what the problem is but I still am positive there are supposed to be pirates that spawn in early game. Been playing one since my last post so I assume that was plenty of time especially when I was fast forwarding.
sirblockwood: have you explored every island?
Yeah, I even settled 3 of them. None spawned from outside the map or made any ports, I progressed to the next tier and still nothing and even installed the game on a new drive figuring if I adjusted any of the files previously that it wouldn't occur here so no clue, kind of bugs me to be honest lol...
sirblockwood: have you explored every island?
MechaGodJovi: Yeah, I even settled 3 of them. None spawned from outside the map or made any ports, I progressed to the next tier and still nothing and even installed the game on a new drive figuring if I adjusted any of the files previously that it wouldn't occur here so no clue, kind of bugs me to be honest lol...
man this bug makes me not wanna play..way to easy without some form of enemy..have not had any other NPC players attack me what-so-ever..im highest tier housing and a ton of ships and no one to blow out of the waters
MechaGodJovi: Yeah, I even settled 3 of them. None spawned from outside the map or made any ports, I progressed to the next tier and still nothing and even installed the game on a new drive figuring if I adjusted any of the files previously that it wouldn't occur here so no clue, kind of bugs me to be honest lol...
sirblockwood: man this bug makes me not wanna play..way to easy without some form of enemy..have not had any other NPC players attack me what-so-ever..im highest tier housing and a ton of ships and no one to blow out of the waters
From my experience the AI won't ever attack unless you settle on an island of theirs or you declare war so they're kind of boring. Yeah I agree and I don't even own the disc anymore unless I stuck it in storage...that one worked anyway. I agree though, I might just play one of the others but this one was my favorite despite being simple compared to them...

Only reason I liked Pirates because they were a threat at the start and could hinder you and without them it's boring...
sirblockwood: man this bug makes me not wanna play..way to easy without some form of enemy..have not had any other NPC players attack me what-so-ever..im highest tier housing and a ton of ships and no one to blow out of the waters
MechaGodJovi: From my experience the AI won't ever attack unless you settle on an island of theirs or you declare war so they're kind of boring. Yeah I agree and I don't even own the disc anymore unless I stuck it in storage...that one worked anyway. I agree though, I might just play one of the others but this one was my favorite despite being simple compared to them...

Only reason I liked Pirates because they were a threat at the start and could hinder you and without them it's boring...
yeah you need something to challenge you and there is nothing there right now..i would contact support on this issue since this forum on GoG is kinda dead..not many post here in my 2 months of having gog
Yeah just sent one in, never thought about it as I don't often do it but hoping one day it will be looked into and fixed. I was just hoping someone had the answer but yeah figured forums were dead, usually are for older games unfortunately. Well if you ever solve it let me know, guess I'll move on to one of the others...bummer.
MechaGodJovi: Yeah just sent one in, never thought about it as I don't often do it but hoping one day it will be looked into and fixed. I was just hoping someone had the answer but yeah figured forums were dead, usually are for older games unfortunately. Well if you ever solve it let me know, guess I'll move on to one of the others...bummer.
just sent a friend request! if i solve it i will message ya and vise versa lol