It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
Mcmacladdie: I don't know if it's just me or not, but the last few times I've tried to find a multiplayer game there's only been a single species deathmatch available. No other games running at all. Is anyone else seeing more games, or is there really only one running?
Olde72: There really is only one or two running.
Sometimes there are only a few games running. But unfortunately the game list also does not always show all games. I already wanted to report that, but forgot it.

I had hosted an SDM game yesterday, played for quite a while, then had to restart AvP because the game gets jerky after playing for a longer time (probably because of memory leaks, hopefully not introduced by the multiplayer mode). As I wanted to rejoin the game it wasn't available in the game list anymore. I refreshed the game list a few times, but no success. Maybe a problem getting a new host I thought. But when I came back later (unfortunately I don't remember after what time) the game I had started was back in the list. It still was running, but wasn't displayed in the game list for a while.

Edit: Is there any way to save the game log (the text from the console window) to a file, ideally with time stamps? That would help to remember what you have done when.

Edit 2: Are full games (without a free player slot) currently excluded from the game list? That may have been the reason for temporarily not displaying the game.

That leads me to another wish: Please add options to sort and filter the game list (sort by number of players / by game type, filter by game type, display/suppress full games, ..). This is not important for AvP as there are always only a few games running, but may be more important for other games.
Post edited October 31, 2014 by eiii
eiii: Edit 2: Are full games (without a free player slot) currently excluded from the game list? That may have been the reason for temporarily not displaying the game.
Yes, they are excluded from the game list. You'll never see an (8/8) player slot indication.
When I started the launcher tonight it downloaded a 100 MB update. Took a few minutes download and install. Game booted up fine afterwards.

I was able to play a session of SDM tonight I think there were a max of 6 players in the game at the same time. Most players were having a ping of 200 to 300 ms. This one player from Europe was in the game and "they" were giving me a ping metric of 650-700 ms. They said I was giving them the same ping range. The game was still very playable though

used the in-game chat to verify this info. No disconnect issues tonight.
Tonyx35: I was able to play a session of SDM tonight I think there were a max of 6 players in the game at the same time. Most players were having a ping of 200 to 300 ms. This one player from Europe was in the game and "they" were giving me a ping metric of 650-700 ms. They said I was giving them the same ping range. The game was still very playable though
I've had the same experience. I noted one player from Europe had a ping of 600 according to my reading, while everyone else said mine was 600 and his was low. So, dunno what to say about it.
Ah, thanks for patching the starter to really open the forum instead of an icon!

Had a go at multiplayer again, connection took almost a minute. I didn't look at the pings, but I did see other players jumping about a bit, so I guess I had a higher ping.

Nevertheless I could move fluidly and fight. However I always got killed and suddenly disconnected after standing still for half a minute (phone call).
Post edited October 31, 2014 by Endurion.950
Played a few rounds on multiplayer (using default settings), everything worked fine. Finding a game and connecting only took a few seconds. Good job!

Specs: Windows 7 Home, AMD FX-6300, AMD Radeon R9 270/4GB, 16 GB DDR3 RAM.
Just tried to connect to multiplayer and instead of getting to the server list, I got this message: Failed to authorize(0).

Screenshot attached below. Time was 9:50 PM EST.

[EDIT]: Fixed the problem. Reinstalled the game (but probably could've run the launcher to have it update)
Attachments:
Post edited November 05, 2014 by Olde72
Up early so I, played one deathmatch round this morning (what? I love the fresh smell of frags in the morning. :P) and the client downloaded an update.

I hosted the game this time, played fine, and other player's ping were anywhere between 140-300, much lower than before. Again I hosted the game this time, so I haven't tried joining a game with this update.

Still doesn't say my ping. Given I was hosting I have a feeling my ping would have been 0 anyway. Will try joining a game later to see how well that works.
Got home from being out most of the day, and played joined a Species DM game. Pings were much lower, staying between 100-200. Definitely better.

As more players joined, it jumped from 100-200 to 500-600 to even 1.2k-3.0k. As some players left, it went down. Still unable to see my ping, and the ping went up for other players (after awhile all had 1.2k-3.0k).

Can someone at GOG or even Rebellion please explain how Aliens vs. Predator 2000 handles ping or hosting? Maybe if someone says something, we could at least understand it better.
I love this game! Every time that I played online was everything all right until now, but I'll be checking on next matches.

Thanks!
Works and connects flawlessly. Great Job GOG
running at Windows 8.1 :D
Everything seems to be running smooth from Windows 7 64-bit. Good job, GOG!
I wasn't be able to connect once...every time i go on multiplayer i get Failed to initialize
Nephilim983: I wasn't be able to connect once...every time i go on multiplayer i get Failed to initialize
Open the game up from the game launcher and let it update. Otherwise, reinstall the game.
I just wanted to know if there is a difference in being booted and a dropped connection, as I lost connection and the only msg was I was disconnected, so not sure if it is a "player" problem, or game server issue. Thanks

Perhaps a different msg could be used if possible.