It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
I already had this on Steam, but uninstalled it and installed this to do my bit for GOG. I'm not a big online gamer, but had a go and played a deathmatch. Other players pings were reported to be on the high side but the game ran smoothly. No real problems.
Game runs great. Most pings were over 100, but no noticeable lag. Played 3 games for a little over an hour. 2 games with a marine (ranged) and 1 with the aliens (melee). Everything appears fine. Will play some more later.

-edit-
Played a few more rounds. Hosted a bit. Took a while for people to join. A few had under 100 pings. Others had 200 and up. Wish the ping rate would be shown next to the server list. That way you can know before joining what its going to be like.
Post edited October 18, 2014 by Outerdementor
Not sure if I should report this (since I don't really have any useful info, I think) but on my first try I tried to join a current game online. Waited for awhile until it displayed an in-game error message saying it couldn't connect. So I tried it again, same game and waited again. This time the whole game crashed...

Will try again in a couple of days when I get home from a trip.
Played Multiplayer again until I got the message about being disconnected from game.

Some issues, I notice this while playing and I hope this is just my Internet/Network...

I was playing as an alien, and as I bit off a predator's head, I got kind of a delayed reaction. Sometimes it even showed the "bite attack" 3-4 times before I got the message "So and so was killed by tailsy64 (Bite Symbol)". Again I really hope it's lag issue here, but reporting in event it's not.

Also, ping for everyone said 2.4k-7.1k. I'm guessing this is ping around 2400-7100. Ping was high, but it seemed everyone had numbers in the "k", again I'm guessing that "k" means 1000. Also, I can't view my ping number. Just a blank space on my name with ping.
I joined a coop map, which worked fine, apart from a slight lag from the bots at times, but nothing major.
Then I hosted a quick deathmatch, which worked well too.

So far this seems to be working, but there doesn't seem to be that many players.
I could play no problem but every once in a while I would be disconnected and have to rejoin the game, for no apparent reason, even in a match I started. Everything else is awesome fun! Thanks!
005: I could play no problem but every once in a while I would be disconnected and have to rejoin the game, for no apparent reason, even in a match I started. Everything else is awesome fun! Thanks!
This disconnect just happened to me. I was playing for a minute or two, then got disconnected and rejoined.

Still got the pings around 2.0k to 3.0k, but it was playing smoothly. That was last round, only did one as I wanted to squeeze some time in before bed.
I had a minor problem with the launcher that I posted in a thread devoted to that. Now that I've played a little multiplayer, I'll share my experience.

I've played 3 matches so far with about an hour break in between to allow new users on.

The first time there were 2 available matches to join. The second time just one. I joined in both of these instances no problem. Pings were ~ 200-400. A couple times there were significant lag issues, but I never lost connection or anything, and after a little jumpiness it recovered.

The third time I tried, there were no available games after two attempts, so I hosted one.
It took ~ 4:00 for the first player to join me, and over the next 20:00 or so we got up to 6. Pings on the game I hosted were mostly lower (50-250), and the game was running smoothly. When 1 guy joined with a ping around 1.5k there was a noticeable connection issue. Actually I think it was the poster right above me, tailsy64.

Win 7 64bit, athlon x2 2.0GHz, 3GB ram, radeon r9 270 located in New Jersey, USA
Post edited October 18, 2014 by ooshrooms
ooshrooms: The third time I tried, there were no available games after two attempts, so I hosted one.
It took ~ 4:00 for the first player to join me, and over the next 20:00 or so we got up to 6. Pings on the game I hosted were mostly lower (50-250), and the game was running smoothly. When 1 guy joined with a ping around 1.5k there was a noticeable connection issue. Actually I think it was the poster right above me, tailsy64.

Win 7 64bit, athlon x2 2.0GHz, 3GB ram, radeon r9 270 located in New Jersey, USA
Yup I recognize your name. Given you're saying you're in New Jersey, I'd think the ping would have been lower as I live here in New Jersey too.

At least thanks for letting me know, it's not easy seeing what ping is without the number next to the name (I really hope that not seeing your own ping is a bug, if I knew my ping was high, maybe I could have disconnected and tried a different game or something). I think I'll try again when no one is home, just to be sure no internet is used. I'm really hoping the "k" means 1000, given that you mention 50-250, which is much lower.
Post edited October 18, 2014 by tailsy64
I tried several times to join a multiplayer game but I just kept getting "failed to connect". I tried hosting a game and that worked.

I clicked on the "send multiplayer or launcher feedback" link in the GOG Launcher v0.1.0456 and it loaded my Icon editor!
Post edited October 18, 2014 by KISSMAD
Played again, tried to do this before anyone wakes up and uses the Internet.

Ping was much better this time. One player had between 140-160 ping, and another joined who had 500-560 ping. I'm guessing much lower than something like 1.2k. Only issue, still not seeing my ping. Seeing ping can help to see if one has lag or not.

This round did play smoothly and just fine.

Worth noting I hosted the game this time, though not seeing my own ping happens when I join a game.
Just thought I'd share my opinions. I've been testing the servers out for about the past half hour and pings were good. 100-250 for the most part. One person had 1.2k but it fluctuated. Is it not possible to see my own ping in the scoreboard?

In terms of connecting to games, I only had one instance where it failed to connect, but I never got booted once I was in the game. I did have one strange instance where I joined a game and my username didn't appear in the scoreboard and a message kept popping up saying " joined the game" over and over.
I am having the same issue of random disconnect but other then that the game seems to be running fine, minor lag spikes here and there. Launcher works fine as well not problems reconnecting.
No one at home is using the internet to use up bandwidth and the game still reports high pings.

Joined the game this time. Most players were in between 300-800 ping, one player had 98-111 ping, and one came on before I left with 1.5k ping. Still do not know my ping as it is not shown.

Game was playing smoothly, still why are pings so high? My only guess is the location of the server that does the matchmaking or something. Maybe the location of the players?

I can't help but think this is a problem of some sort, especially since I notice lower pings in other online games I've played (usually anywhere between 35-100 lowest).
Post edited October 18, 2014 by tailsy64
So I just installed the game and played about an hour of Multiplayer...

There were only around 3 hosted games going on at any time and I was able to connect to two of the three games. For some reason One game would give me a could not connect. I don't use any special Firewall software just Built-in Windows. I experienced 1 total disconnect (s)from a host. Not sure if it was because the Host left the game or Galaxy had a hiccup.

The only other thing of note was that there was a host change from someone else to my computer and I experienced serious graphical lag in the game afterwards. Sadly, I'm a noob at playing this game so I did not know how to cleanly end the session had to force close the game. Was a 6-player game at the time of the issue.

Everything was fine after I re-luanched the game via the Galaxy client.