It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zU84ha76la: Hey guys, does anyone can see red boxes around in-game text?

The bug on Wine Bugzilla.
Add d3dx9_43.
zU84ha76la: Hey guys, can anyone see red boxes around in-game text?

The bug on Wine Bugzilla.
InkPanther: Add d3dx9_43.
Now the game looks fine.
Post edited December 19, 2020 by OldeGamer82
Has there been any progress on getting multiplayer/GOG Galaxy functionality to work under WINE? I've tried everything I can think of (including manual extraction of the data files, as mentioned earlier) and nothing works.

Single-player runs fine though. I've tried to install the AvP Classic Redux mod as well, but it doesn't seem to work as installing it makes the game crash on launch.
rampancy: Has there been any progress on getting multiplayer/GOG Galaxy functionality to work under WINE? I've tried everything I can think of (including manual extraction of the data files, as mentioned earlier) and nothing works.

Single-player runs fine though. I've tried to install the AvP Classic Redux mod as well, but it doesn't seem to work as installing it makes the game crash on launch.
*SUMMARY:

Using setup_avp_classic_2.0.0.25.exe

I can't seem to get the GOG Client to update, saying it fails to update.

The game itself is updated via the client.

Online doesn't seem to work.

*DETAILS:

I've managed to get the GOG Client to work on wine-1.7.21 with the following command (AvP_Classic.exe needs to be in C:\GOG Games\AvP Classic):

wine GalaxyClient.exe /gameId=1207665883 /command=launch "/path=C:\GOG Games\AvP Classic"

*On a clean wine prefix, using winetricks, I installed everything listed with the following commands EXCEPT directmusic (causes terrible sound artifacts):

winetricks dlls list | grep direct
winetricks dlls list | grep d3

But I think the following is the key:
winetricks --force d3dcompiler_43

*If you're using Linux, keep the following up in the upper-left corner of your screen ready to run to fix the resolution:
xrandr -s 0

*You can also use the following to prevent the resolution change:

wine explorer /desktop=AvP,1920x1080 GalaxyClient.exe /gameId=1207665883 /command=launch "/path=C:\GOG Games\AvP Classic"