It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

While on GOG tonight I thought I might download the latest installer for AVP, hoping to see a version that gives a clean install of AVP.
*Clean install= Installs AVP, does not install Galaxy Client.

All I see is setup_avp_classic_2.0.0.25.exe, which I last downloaded Nov-2014.

setup_avp_classic_2.0.0.25.exe
CRC32: C8EBE00C
MD5: 0C3B74170FE6B3ED9437A52EAB8C8F48
SHA-1: B84E6762DE29B9216D3F55EC524EAF626DDAE7D0

Q1: Has the Galaxy Client been removed from 2.0.0.25 version?
Q2: Any word on when a CLEAN install will be available?
Q3: If not what is the process to streamline the install? EG: Are there any install switches to use so Galaxy Client isn't installed?
(I would prefer the option during the install to "deselect" unneeded options. I don't like uninstalling stuff.)
Q4: If there are no switches to use during the install to tell the installer to not install the Galaxy Client, what is the process to remove it?

TIA.
Post edited January 20, 2015 by WeAreNotAlone
I haven't tried to uninstall the Galaxy Client by now.
At least after installation there are two Icons in your startmenu. "Alien vs. Predator" and "Alien vs. Predator (without Galaxy)". So it's very easy to start the game without galaxy.

For the moment GOG Galaxy is more an auto-update tool like the WOW Laucher, then a Steam-like tool.
WeAreNotAlone: Q4: If there are no switches to use during the install to tell the installer to not install the Galaxy Client, what is the process to remove it?
Programs and Features -> Galaxy -> Uninstall.
Appreciate the responses guys,
When I was asking about switches to use during the install the reason for such is there is a potential of something going amiss during a uninstall. (That and there is always stuff left behind / such adds to registry bloat.)

Seems to me given that the reason most people purchase thru GOG is a dislike of DRM, Clients... Clients that may be transmitting data to who knows where that GOG needs to publish the switches needed to do a CLEAN INSTALL, or ASK during the install if the customer wants the Galaxy Client installed

Not doing so yes reeks of STEAM and how they view the customer.

Post edited February 02, 2015 by WeAreNotAlone
WeAreNotAlone: While on GOG tonight I thought I might download the latest installer for AVP, hoping to see a version that gives a clean install of AVP.
*Clean install= Installs AVP, does not install Galaxy Client.

All I see is setup_avp_classic_2.0.0.25.exe, which I last downloaded Nov-2014.

setup_avp_classic_2.0.0.25.exe
CRC32: C8EBE00C
MD5: 0C3B74170FE6B3ED9437A52EAB8C8F48
SHA-1: B84E6762DE29B9216D3F55EC524EAF626DDAE7D0

Q1: Has the Galaxy Client been removed from 2.0.0.25 version?
Q2: Any word on when a CLEAN install will be available?
Q3: If not what is the process to streamline the install? EG: Are there any install switches to use so Galaxy Client isn't installed?
(I would prefer the option during the install to "deselect" unneeded options. I don't like uninstalling stuff.)
Q4: If there are no switches to use during the install to tell the installer to not install the Galaxy Client, what is the process to remove it?

TIA.
Yesterday Gog runs a stress test in the Galaxy client, so, no. Galaxy Client is still part of this game.
http://www.gog.com/news/we_need_your_help_join_us_for_the_gog_galaxy_stress_test
Post edited February 13, 2015 by Belsirk
I do want to make the point that Galaxy is not even out yet, I think it's only bundled because of two reasons...

1. To provide a multiplayer service for those who want to play multiplayer.
2. To beta test Galaxy's multiplayer servers and provide GOG feedback.

It surprises me there isn't an option to say yes or no to Galaxy client in this "final" release. When I got the game, it was when they were giving it away for free with intentions to beta test multiplayer, hence why the feedback threads. Maybe GOG should make it an optional switch in the installer for those who don't want it sticking to the "optional" principle.

Personally, I see this more as a multiplayer service rather than DRM. To me, DRM means it would have to phone home to GOG, even for single player. I can still play single player and offline without needing to log into the Galaxy client.
Post edited March 16, 2015 by tailsy64
tailsy64: I do want to make the point that Galaxy is not even out yet, I think it's only bundled because of two reasons...

"final" release.
What you're seeing is NOT the final release of the Client or anything Galaxy-related :)
tailsy64: I do want to make the point that Galaxy is not even out yet, I think it's only bundled because of two reasons...

"final" release.
JudasIscariot: What you're seeing is NOT the final release of the Client or anything Galaxy-related :)
Thanks for confirming this. Seeing the game for sale made me guess at least the game was finalized for sale, but Galaxy is still in beta, which is why I think it's still included, to help test multiplayer. I used "final" in quotes as I had a feeling it wasn't final, just been finalized for sale at least.
I still think that, considering how long AvP has been on GOG now, that an installer without Galaxy should be available.

"final" release.
JudasIscariot: What you're seeing is NOT the final release of the Client or anything Galaxy-related :)
While I got this game as a free gift I still have the game. As some one did have to spend real cash in order to get it in the first place; I feel compelled to ask when or if a "clean" (NO client) version of the installer will be available?

I also want to point out how the game didn't get made with Galaxy....soooo....I'm hoping this cop-out won't be used for any final versions >_>

I'd really enjoy playing this great game, so having a clean installer or at the VERY least, the option to NOT install any client at the install menu. I mean...it makes sense, options are everything! =)
I'd also like to see an optional installer without Galaxy. I hate the fact that whenever i change a few files, Galaxy redownloads the ones that GOG provides.

I don't mind working around this, but it would be neat to have a Galaxy-less installer to go with the who DRM-free thing GOG has going on.
Does anyone know when AvP will get a version that doesn't auto-include the Galaxy Client?
IronArcturus: Does anyone know when AvP will get a version that doesn't auto-include the Galaxy Client?
Probably not until Galaxy is released. Which will probably be in 2020, more or less xD.
IronArcturus: Does anyone know when AvP will get a version that doesn't auto-include the Galaxy Client?
javihyuga: Probably not until Galaxy is released. Which will probably be in 2020, more or less xD.
Or maybe, now :P

I just got this from Galaxy.

Today we retire the temporary GOG Launcher app that originally came with your game. You're free to uninstall the app and your game will continue to work without it. Now that it is powered by GOG Galaxy, you can take advantage of automatic updates, online multiplayer with matchmaking, and access your entire GOG.com library of games.
Belsirk: Or maybe, now :P

I just got this from Galaxy.

Today we retire the temporary GOG Launcher app that originally came with your game. You're free to uninstall the app and your game will continue to work without it. Now that it is powered by GOG Galaxy, you can take advantage of automatic updates, online multiplayer with matchmaking, and access your entire GOG.com library of games.
Belsirk:
So, did I just got "trolled" by GOG? Nice... -_-