It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I updated my Catalyst Drivers to 12.4 and now Alan Wake have some ugly artifacts, and the same for other games (L.A. Noire, Diablo III, StarCraft 2, etc.).

If you updated just like me, try to go back to 12.3 Catalyst, or else, download 12.4a hotfix, that should solve the artifact problem. You can download it here: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst124ahotfix.aspx

My graphic card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330.

That's all.
Works for me.

6950 in Crossfire, Win7 x64

Although I have to say LA Noire runs like crap now, so I'm with you on this one.

Don't get the update.
Lovag: Works for me.

6950 in Crossfire, Win7 x64

Although I have to say LA Noire runs like crap now, so I'm with you on this one.

Don't get the update.
I have been reading about this, and looks like that this affects only to some ATI/AMD series. Don't know what models are, but looks like 4300-4500 are involved in the artifact issue.

I tried install the 12.4a hotfix and doesn't repairs the artifact issue. I got back to 12.3 drivers and the issue has gone :D
No issues Here with 12.4
the errors in diablo 3 are only for gfx cards up to the radeon hd 4XXX series i think. maybe this is also true for alan wake!?
Maybe unrelated but I found that downloading the updated driver and Catalyst Control Center for my laptop (a now-meager-ATI Radeon HD 3200) suddenly caused a lot of problems with most of my games. Max Payne 2 even had every other polygon in any character mesh turn invisible. It was the stuff of nightmares... I just reverted to the older version I'd had before the update and everything went back to normal.

I had previously been able to run Skyrim at low-resolutions as well, though that game suddenly crashes every time I try to load any of my savegames... Haven't had time to mess with that though, so it's probably unrelated to the driver problem(s)... It's been a fun couple of weeks :-P
I'm on a 4870 with 12.4, and the only obvious flaws I saw were the gas sign at the motel would shine unnaturally, and the logo on the door to the observatory had some flickering in it. These were only visible in between level cutscenes. Otherwise the game looked absolutely amazing from beginning to end.

edit: and I played through the whole game without the 1.01 patch, so maybe those issues have already been corrected.
Post edited May 29, 2012 by emnii
AerinEvinz: I had previously been able to run Skyrim at low-resolutions as well, though that game suddenly crashes every time I try to load any of my savegames... Haven't had time to mess with that though, so it's probably unrelated to the driver problem(s)... It's been a fun couple of weeks :-P
Did you uninstall or deactivate a mod? I had the texture pack installed, and I found loading a savegame that had the texture pack installed caused the game to crash if the texture pack had been deactivated.
AerinEvinz: I had previously been able to run Skyrim at low-resolutions as well, though that game suddenly crashes every time I try to load any of my savegames... Haven't had time to mess with that though, so it's probably unrelated to the driver problem(s)... It's been a fun couple of weeks :-P
jamyskis: Did you uninstall or deactivate a mod? I had the texture pack installed, and I found loading a savegame that had the texture pack installed caused the game to crash if the texture pack had been deactivated.
Ya know... I didn't, but now that I think about it there was a night about a month ago now where Steam was acting all wonky and I was losing connection to the servers every five minutes. And during that time I tried to start Skyrim and it threw up some kind of error and I think it said it was deactivating a mod... hrm... I'll have to try messing with stuff and see if I can find the mod in question. (thanks to mod manager and steam workshop I've got like 20 of them going :-P)

Thanks for the suggestion :)

EDIT: Update - As it turns out, it wasn't exactly that a mod had been deactivated or deleted. It seems like one of the mods I was subscribed to no longer existed and was throwing an error every time Steam tried to sync it... I simply removed it from my 'subscribed' list via the Workshop and Skyrim was back to normal. :)

The mod was suppsed to be some sort of Zelda themed set of items/weapons if I remember correctly. It was called 'Skyrule'... so it must have been removed or renamed or something in the time since I originally subscribed to it.

Either way, mystery solved! :) Thanks again for the suggestion.
Post edited May 31, 2012 by AerinEvinz