It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EPurpl3: You stupid fuck, This shit is with DRM, you are shit and I will never buy GOG games again.
....amazing, so many stupid people!!
You are being very immature. I do not always agree with BKgaming, but I agree with him this time. If someone does not agree with you, counter with arguments. If you can't win the arguement, just admit that or agree to disagree. But this is just not how you respect other people. Shame on you.
EPurpl3: Damn, your stupid, really... from my point of view you are a fucking retard. YOU ARE SHIT!!! Do you event know what DRM is? Just shut the fuck up next time when u want to say ANYTHING!!!

"DRM technologies enable content publishers to enforce their own access policies on content, like restrictions on copying or viewing" I will note that also like PLAYING (multiplayer or singleplayer).

You stupid fuck, what is modern gaming all about?!?! is about MULTIPLAYER, GOG and Triumph adds a restriction to the multiplayer, the main part of modern gaming. This shit is with DRM, you are shit and I will never buy GOG games again.
BKGaming: Wow somebody didn't get there Wheaties today, did they? What are you like 12 or 13?
BKGaming: I can't help it if you take a broad definition of DRM and think that applies to a service that you are not even entitled to get access to anyway.
What?! are u serious?! so a MMORPG is actually a service, not a game, because it doesn't have single player?! are you a joke?!

BKGaming: Gaming has been around a lot longer than multiplayer and it will be around long after mulitplayer servers are shut down.
What multiplayer servers?! I just want LAN and direct TCP/IP connection. That is the problem, they have crippled/dumbed down the game intentionally just to keep their pathetic DRM in a pathetic game on a website that sells non-DRM games. And you call me 12yo? LOL.

BKGaming: So let me ask you this if Triumph gives you access to multiplayer using there servers but gives you complete access to it without an account? Would you still consider that DRM? I would say no you wouldn't because Triumph would not be restricting you, however I ask you what does it matter when both still end with Triumph shutting down there servers eventually like every company does for multiplayer? You would still lose access.
Dude, this crap game saves even the settings on Triumph server, if the servers will shut down YOU WONT BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME AT ALL. On the other side I still play a lot of games, like AOE2 or SC1 on Gameranger (SC1 even has Battle.net, they didn't closed their servers). I play Heroes 3 on direct IP with a few friends all the time. Can I do that on AoW3? NO, LAN will require to be online (lol, how fucked up the Triumph can be?! to be online to play LAN :)) ) and no direct TCP/IP connection.

BKGaming: 99% of people who play multiplayer know this basic understanding, it always ends at some point. These services end at some point... Gamespy just shut down, EA kills I don't know how many servers each year. Clinging to something that will sill meet the same fate rather there is restrictions or no restrictions is stupid.
It doesn't end, as I said, I play ANY game I want on multiplayer, except the new DRM games like StarCraft 2 because has the same problem as this shit, DRM.

To play multi I can use custom servers, like SWAT 4, Dark Reign, Knights and Merchants and many more games

I can use official servers for games like StarCraft 1, WarCraft 3, Diablo 2

I can use Gamerangers for games like Age of Empires 1 and 2 and Age of Mythology and almost ANY game that has LAN, here is a list http://www.gameranger.com/games/

I can play on LAN for almost ANY GAME created since the first game that had multiplayer and did not had DRM or was not a MMO or online game.

I can play on direct TCP/IP, almost ANY game from 1995 to date.

But I can NOT do this on a game bought on the OFFICIAL NON-DRM GAME STORE because IT HAS DRM :)))) can you see the problem?!

BKGaming: I am curious though... where are you going to buy games from then if not GOG? Oh that's right almost all AAA games today release with online accounts on all digital stores. Have fun with you indies.
I have nothing against online accounts, I hate only DRM and stupid people. If you don't know what is the difference between DRM and a online account just read the fricking topic from top to bottom... but I bet you wont admit that u don't :D, who likes to be hated? :D

If GOG adds DRM (and they have added) I see no reason to keep supporting them, I am free, I can but from wherever I want, games with DRM are everywhere, even without DRM, for example, Humble Bundle doesn't have DRM (and THEY DONT LIE about that and are cheaper), the only problem is that you have to install the lame Steam launcher. Anyway, you can download a crack for any game bought on Steam to remove the DRM, so Steam has less DRM than GOG right now :))) because there are no anti DRM cracks for GOG even though they only have 1 game with DRM yet :)))). Is it not ironic? :D. I remember when GOG was leaded by those guys in Cyprus and this website was about solidarity between gamers, after it was bought by Polish this website started to be about greed (not even profit, they had profit anyway. Is all about greed now), subtly adding new "features" like new games, DLC, regional prices, overpriced games and now DRM.

Anyway, I hope that GOG is not as retarded as they look right now, and I hope that they will improve. Lying and cheating is not the best way to make business with decent peoples (I don't try to say that I am one :D ).
Post edited April 06, 2014 by EPurpl3
Not gonna lie, the login screen was a really unpleasant surprise upon launching the game.
The reason I buy from GoG, whenever it's possible, is precisely because I don't want to deal with that kind of stuff.

I wish the warning about multiplayer restrictions was more visible. Like way more visible. 3 lines of cursive at the bottom of the page are not exactly jumping at you.
EPurpl3: Yes, it is a big difference between the 2 examples, on SC2 is easier, you don't even have to download SC2 from a web site, you could just install it from the DVD... you have a DVD reader, right?!?!?!?!
Kardwill: Yes, but taking my massive Desktop in a long a long train-and-subway travel to my parent's house to activate the game with their connection (You said you had to activate the thing online, right?) would NOT have been an option. Getting a GOG downloader on a mobile support (USB key in my case) was simple enough, even for a computer-clumsy guy like me.
And if I keep that installer, I will be able to get the game on any computer I want in the future, no internet required. Even if the publisher goes down next year. It's an idea I like.

Oh, by the way : Your rude, insulting tone (heavily implied by the "?!?!?!") on the last sentence does NOT amuse me. I've tried to be respectful in my opposition to you. Please do the same.
To activate it online you have to register it, you don't have to carry your desktop, you just have to write the serial number from your retail box on the battle.net web page, you don't even need a memory stick (I don't even own one :D ).

I know that I am rude, everybody knows that now :))
low rated
EPurpl3: You stupid fuck, This shit is with DRM, you are shit and I will never buy GOG games again.
....amazing, so many stupid people!!
Senteria: You are being very immature. I do not always agree with BKgaming, but I agree with him this time. If someone does not agree with you, counter with arguments. If you can't win the arguement, just admit that or agree to disagree. But this is just not how you respect other people. Shame on you.
I won every argument. I didn't wanted to be disrespectful, I meant it!! read post 117 for more details :P.
EPurpl3: To activate it online you have to register it, you don't have to carry your desktop, you just have to write the serial number from your retail box on the battle.net web page, you don't even need a memory stick (I don't even own one :D ).
Yes, but I need to connect the computer that will run the game to battle.net, at least the first time, right? This is not an oldstyle CD check, but an online activation, if I'm not mistaken (since you speak about battle.net). This means this computer needs to have an internet connection, at least for a short time. If I don't have internet at my apartment (which was the case for 6 month last year), I need to do it elsewhere. So I would have needed to carry the computer somewhere with an internet connection. Which was not an option either.
Was I mistaken about the necessity of an internet connection during register?

EPurpl3: I know that I am rude, everybody knows that now :))
"Yes, I insulted you, but I do it all the time" is a quite poor excuse, frankly. It doesn't encourage people to take you seriously, either. Just saying.
Post edited April 06, 2014 by Kardwill
low rated
EPurpl3: To activate it online you have to register it, you don't have to carry your desktop, you just have to write the serial number from your retail box on the battle.net web page, you don't even need a memory stick (I don't even own one :D ).
Kardwill: Yes, but I need to connect the computer that will run the game to battle.net, at least the first time, right? This is not an oldstyle CD check, but an online activation, if I'm not mistaken (since you speak about battle.net). This means this computer needs to have an internet connection, at least for a short time. If I don't have internet at my apartment (which was the case for 6 month last year), I need to do it elsewhere. So I would have needed to carry the computer somewhere with an internet connection. Which was not an option either.
Was I mistaken about the necessity of an internet connection during register?

EPurpl3: I know that I am rude, everybody knows that now :))
Kardwill: "Yes, I insulted you, but I do it all the time" is a quite poor excuse, frankly. It doesn't encourage people to take you seriously, either. Just saying.
Please read post 117, is about SC2 registration and about being rude :D. Anyway, the only guys who I would like to take me serious are the guys from GOG and to fix something, but we both know that that wont happen even if I would've write them a email in the most elegant manner. So why would I bother?
EPurpl3: What?! are u serious?! so a MMORPG is actually a service, not a game, because it doesn't have single player?! are you a joke?!
Um yes they are actually... yes it's game but since the game depends on there servers to function it's still considered a service that you limited to using until they shut down.
EPurpl3: What multiplayer servers?! I just want LAN and direct TCP/IP connection. That is the problem, they have crippled/dumbed down the game intentionally just to keep their pathetic DRM in a pathetic game on a website that sells non-DRM games. And you call me 12yo? LOL.
That the dang point. Just because they left out LAN and direct TCP/IP connection that doesn't equal them now having DRM. That is a design decision. What part of this is hard to follow? You can be mad about that but your blaming GOG and using the wrong words to describe this for what it actually is.

Not every game includes LAN or TCP/IP connection... I'm actually surprised by the games that still do today considering it not as popular as it was.
EPurpl3: Dude, this crap game saves even the settings on Triumph server, if the servers will shut down YOU WONT BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME AT ALL. On the other side I still play a lot of games, like AOE2 or SC1 on Gameranger (SC1 even has Battle.net, they didn't closed their servers). I play Heroes 3 on direct IP with a few friends all the time. Can I do that on AoW3? NO, LAN will require to be online (lol, how fucked up the Triumph can be?! to be online to play LAN :)) ) and no direct TCP/IP connection.
The settings issue is a BUG... and is fixed in the next patch. Geez you have no idea what even talking about. You know how many games don't work with GameRanger? A lot because not every game uses LAN. Why? Because not every developer includes it? What is this? A design choice? What is it not? DRM.
EPurpl3: It doesn't end, as I said, I play ANY game I want on multiplayer, except the new DRM games like StarCraft 2 because has the same problem as this shit, DRM.

To play multi I can use custom servers, like SWAT 4, Dark Reign, Knights and Merchants and many more games

I can use Gamerangers for games like Age of Empires 1 and 2 and Age of Mythology and almost ANY game that has LAN, here is a list http://www.gameranger.com/games/

I can play on LAN for almost ANY GAME created since the first game that had multiplayer and did not had DRM or was not a MMO or online game.

But I can NOT do this on a game bought on the OFFICIAL NON-DRM GAME STORE because IT HAS DRM :)))) can you see the problem?!
Um no you don't play any game... you play games with LAN that work with GameRanger/Tunngle or whatever or games with player hosted servers. This again is a design decision that is up the the publisher/developer of the game. Just because the developer leaves that out and chooses to use there own servers doesn't make it suddenly DRM.

I have plenty of games that have had there official servers go offline and that no longer work online because they have no LAN support so they don't work with services like GameRanger.

Stronghold 2 being one and maybe Stronghold Legends... I have the complete collection which is DRM free but can't play them online anymore.

At the end of the day even with GameRanger/Tunngle you still depended on a service to play these games online... these services could shut down someday too.
EPurpl3: I have nothing against online accounts, I hate only DRM and stupid people. If you don't know what is the difference between DRM and a online account just read the fricking topic from top to bottom... but I bet you wont admit that u don't :D, who likes to be hated? :D
So your fine with online accounts as long as the game provides LAN and ways to play mulitplayer locally? What do we call this a design decision... I love how because a company does't provide you with feature it's now DRM.

If you hate stupid people, I feel bad for yourself... you entire argument reeks of stupidity.

EPurpl3: If GOG adds DRM (and they have added) I see no reason to keep supporting them, I am free, I can but from wherever I want, games with DRM are everywhere, even without DRM, for example, Humble Bundle doesn't have DRM (and THEY DONT LIE about that and are cheaper), the only problem is that you have to install the lame Steam launcher. Anyway, you can download a crack for any game bought on Steam to remove the DRM, so Steam has less DRM than GOG right now :))) because there are no anti DRM cracks for GOG even though they only have 1 game with DRM yet :)))). Is it not ironic? :D. I remember when GOG was leaded by those guys in Cyprus and this website was about solidarity between gamers, after it was bought by Polish this website started to be about greed (not even profit, they had profit anyway. Is all about greed now), subtly adding new "features" like new games, DLC, regional prices, overpriced games and now DRM.
Humble Bundle doesn't have DRM? What do you call steam? I've seen them sell games that only work with Steam which is DRM.

Steam has less DRM that GOG? Really? Now I know I'm arguing with a troll or an idiot.

EPurpl3: Anyway, I hope that GOG is not as retarded as they look right now, and I hope that they will improve. Lying and cheating is not the best way to make business with decent peoples (I don't try to say that I am one :D ).
They lied? I'm sorry they didn't tell you would need a online account and I'm sorry they didn't tell you the game didn't have LAN... oh wait... they did tell you that... my bad from the way you were acting I thought you didn't know before buying.

Senteria: You are being very immature. I do not always agree with BKgaming, but I agree with him this time. If someone does not agree with you, counter with arguments. If you can't win the arguement, just admit that or agree to disagree. But this is just not how you respect other people. Shame on you.
EPurpl3: I won every argument. I didn't wanted to be disrespectful, I meant it!! read post 117 for more details :P.
I find you hilarious honestly... whatever you must tell yourself to sleep at night buddy.
Post edited April 06, 2014 by BKGaming
I have bought AoW 3 in GOG because I like GoG and I want games without DRM. I buy , download and I install it in all my computers to play in LAN/MP with my sons. But, after installing it, I have discovered that is not DRM free, I can't play in LAN. Like Steam. I would have to buy three games for playing with my 2 sons.

If AoW 3 were a single player game, no problem with that, because DRM only affects MP, but it's also a MP game, so, it's not what GoG says here:

"Forget activations or malicious DRM - every game on GOG.com is 100% DRM-free

You buy it. You own it. 100% DRM-free.DRM, also called copy protection, tries to control you and your games. We don’t believe in that - all of the games on GOG.com come without any DRM at all!"

Not 100% Free because an important part of the game is DRM.

I hope GoG doen't continue selling games with DRM, I have steam for that. GoG is different, or should be...

Regards
I love how this has boiled down to they included DRM because they left out a feature or did it in a way that you can't play online with one copy between multiple people... something nobody is legally allowed to do anyway because they agree to the TOS.

People always find something to complain about...
low rated
EPurpl3: What?! are u serious?! so a MMORPG is actually a service, not a game, because it doesn't have single player?! are you a joke?!
BKGaming: Um yes they are actually... yes it's game but since the game depends on there servers to function it's still considered a service that you limited to using until they shut down.
No, is a game, the server is a technical thing that does not interest a gamer. If you buy a MP3 player do you buy a bunch of circuits and buttons or a fucking MP3?

EPurpl3: What multiplayer servers?! I just want LAN and direct TCP/IP connection. That is the problem, they have crippled/dumbed down the game intentionally just to keep their pathetic DRM in a pathetic game on a website that sells non-DRM games. And you call me 12yo? LOL.
BKGaming: That the dang point. Just because they left out LAN and direct TCP/IP connection that doesn't equal them now having DRM. That is a design decision. What part of this is hard to follow? You can be mad about that but your blaming GOG and using the wrong words to describe this for what it actually is.
Not every game includes LAN or TCP/IP connection... I'm actually surprised by the games that still do today considering it not as popular as it was.
Dude, you are really fucking stupid, does they pay you or are you like this for free? they will add LAN and will require authentication on the server to be able to use it (which mean DRM). I said this a lot of times in this thread, just search and read WTF DOES DRM IS!! Start with the post 67. LAN not popular?!!?! are you kidding?! have you ever heard of Gameranger!?!

EPurpl3: Dude, this crap game saves even the settings on Triumph server, if the servers will shut down YOU WONT BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME AT ALL. On the other side I still play a lot of games, like AOE2 or SC1 on Gameranger (SC1 even has Battle.net, they didn't closed their servers). I play Heroes 3 on direct IP with a few friends all the time. Can I do that on AoW3? NO, LAN will require to be online (lol, how fucked up the Triumph can be?! to be online to play LAN :)) ) and no direct TCP/IP connection.
BKGaming: The settings issue is a BUG... and is fixed in the next patch. Geez you have no idea what even talking about. You know how many games don't work with GameRanger? A lot because not every game uses LAN. Why? Because not every developer includes it? What is this? A design choice? What is it not? DRM.
OMG, :O I just cant help myself... you are awkward... having to log in to the Triumph server which will check you serial number to be able to play LAN, is that a design choice or DRM!?!?!?! you have the exact list of games that work with Gameranger.

How can you make A BUG that will save your setting ONLINE? I bet this is a intentional bug, even though this may have been a mistake from a cheater you just expect to be cheated.

EPurpl3: It doesn't end, as I said, I play ANY game I want on multiplayer, except the new DRM games like StarCraft 2 because has the same problem as this shit, DRM.

BKGaming: Um no you don't play any game... you play games with LAN that work with GameRanger/Tunngle or whatever or games with player hosted servers. This again is a design decision that is up the the publisher/developer of the game. Just because the developer leaves that out and chooses to use there own servers doesn't make it suddenly DRM.

I have plenty of games that have had there official servers go offline and that no longer work online because they have no LAN support so they don't work with services like GameRanger.

Stronghold 2 being one and maybe Stronghold Legends... I have the complete collection which is DRM free but can't play them online anymore.

At the end of the day even with GameRanger/Tunngle you still depended on a service to play these games online... these services could shut down someday too.
Cut the crap dude, we all know that the main "advantage" of a online game is the control of the developer over the client, when you connect to their server they will check your serial number and they WONT ALLOW you to connect if there is already a client connected on the server with the same serial number (even for LAN). THAT IS DRM. As long as AoW 2 had LAN and TCP/IP this game should've had too, especially as long as it is published on a non-DRM game shop.

EPurpl3: I have nothing against online accounts, I hate only DRM and stupid people. If you don't know what is the difference between DRM and a online account just read the fricking topic from top to bottom... but I bet you wont admit that u don't :D, who likes to be hated? :D
BKGaming: So your fine with online accounts as long as the game provides LAN and ways to play mulitplayer locally? What do we call this a design decision... I love how because a company does't provide you with feature it's now DRM.

If you hate stupid people, I feel bad for yourself... you entire argument reeks of stupidity.
Dude, you really are fucking stupid, I don't give a fuck about LAN or any other mode, the only thing I care about is that GOG published a game with DRM and they have LIED all their fans in the most deplorable way possible. You just keep repeating the same stuff over and over again and you make me do the same and I hate to repeat myself. Just read the fucking topic and you will understand WTF is DRM and why this game HAS DRM.

EPurpl3: If GOG adds DRM (and they have added) I see no reason to keep supporting them, I am free, I can but from wherever I want, games with DRM are everywhere, even without DRM, for example, Humble Bundle doesn't have DRM (and THEY DONT LIE about that and are cheaper), the only problem is that you have to install the lame Steam launcher. Anyway, you can download a crack for any game bought on Steam to remove the DRM, so Steam has less DRM than GOG right now :))) because there are no anti DRM cracks for GOG even though they only have 1 game with DRM yet :)))). Is it not ironic? :D. I remember when GOG was leaded by those guys in Cyprus and this website was about solidarity between gamers, after it was bought by Polish this website started to be about greed (not even profit, they had profit anyway. Is all about greed now), subtly adding new "features" like new games, DLC, regional prices, overpriced games and now DRM.
BKGaming: Humble Bundle doesn't have DRM? What do you call steam? I've seen them sell games that only work with Steam which is DRM.

Steam has less DRM that GOG? Really? Now I know I'm arguing with a troll or an idiot.
DAMN, YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID, just read what I've said over and over and over again and you may understand some day :O

Humble Bundle HAS NO DRM, you need internet just to install the games, you have to use the Steam Downloader as long as you cant download the games from the website the way you can on GOG.

EPurpl3: Anyway, I hope that GOG is not as retarded as they look right now, and I hope that they will improve. Lying and cheating is not the best way to make business with decent peoples (I don't try to say that I am one :D ).
BKGaming: They lied? I'm sorry they didn't tell you would need a online account and I'm sorry they didn't tell you the game didn't have LAN... oh wait... they did tell you that... my bad from the way you were acting I thought you didn't know before buying.
LOL, I did not bought the game and I will never buy it, as I said, I don't care about this game, I only care about DRM on GOG, you should say that you are sorry because GOG did not told us that AoW 3 has DRM.

EPurpl3: I won every argument. I didn't wanted to be disrespectful, I meant it!! read post 117 for more details :P.
BKGaming: I find you hilarious honestly... whatever you must tell yourself to sleep at night buddy.
First you should try to find your brain :D, than the posts about what DRM is, than you can find me hilarious... if you still can :P.

BKGaming: I love how this has boiled down to they included DRM because they left out a feature or did it in a way that you can't play online with one copy between multiple people... something nobody is legally allowed to do anyway because they agree to the TOS.

Doing it in a way that you can not play online with one copy between multiple people, that is DRM, you are beginning to understand. Read post 74, very good post about how to prevent piracy and not only.
BKGaming: Um yes they are actually... yes it's game but since the game depends on there servers to function it's still considered a service that you limited to using until they shut down.
EPurpl3: No, is a game, the server is a technical thing that does not interest a gamer. If you buy a MP3 player do you buy a bunch of circuits and buttons or a fucking MP3?

BKGaming: That the dang point. Just because they left out LAN and direct TCP/IP connection that doesn't equal them now having DRM. That is a design decision. What part of this is hard to follow? You can be mad about that but your blaming GOG and using the wrong words to describe this for what it actually is.
EPurpl3: Dude, you are really fucking stupid, does they pay you or are you like this for free? they will add LAN and will require authentication on the server to be able to use it (which mean DRM). I said this a lot of times in this thread, just search and read WTF DOES DRM IS!! Start with the post 67. LAN not popular?!!?! are you kidding?! have you ever heard of Gameranger!?!

BKGaming: The settings issue is a BUG... and is fixed in the next patch. Geez you have no idea what even talking about. You know how many games don't work with GameRanger? A lot because not every game uses LAN. Why? Because not every developer includes it? What is this? A design choice? What is it not? DRM.
EPurpl3: OMG, :O I just cant help myself... you are awkward... having to log in to the Triumph server which will check you serial number to be able to play LAN, is that a design choice or DRM!?!?!?! you have the exact list of games that work with Gameranger.

How can you make A BUG that will save your setting ONLINE? I bet this is a intentional bug, even though this may have been a mistake from a cheater you just expect to be cheated.

BKGaming: Um no you don't play any game... you play games with LAN that work with GameRanger/Tunngle or whatever or games with player hosted servers. This again is a design decision that is up the the publisher/developer of the game. Just because the developer leaves that out and chooses to use there own servers doesn't make it suddenly DRM.

EPurpl3: Cut the crap dude, we all know that the main "advantage" of a online game is the control of the developer over the client, when you connect to their server they will check your serial number and they WONT ALLOW you to connect if there is already a client connected on the server with the same serial number (even for LAN). THAT IS DRM. As long as AoW 2 had LAN and TCP/IP this game should've had too, especially as long as it is published on a non-DRM game shop.

BKGaming: So your fine with online accounts as long as the game provides LAN and ways to play mulitplayer locally? What do we call this a design decision... I love how because a company does't provide you with feature it's now DRM.

EPurpl3: Dude, you really are fucking stupid, I don't give a fuck about LAN or any other mode, the only thing I care about is that GOG published a game with DRM and they have LIED all their fans in the most deplorable way possible. You just keep repeating the same stuff over and over again and you make me do the same and I hate to repeat myself. Just read the fucking topic and you will understand WTF is DRM and why this game HAS DRM.

BKGaming: Humble Bundle doesn't have DRM? What do you call steam? I've seen them sell games that only work with Steam which is DRM.

EPurpl3: DAMN, YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID, just read what I've said over and over and over again and you may understand some day :O

Humble Bundle HAS NO DRM, you need internet just to install the games, you have to use the Steam Downloader as long as you cant download the games from the website the way you can on GOG.

BKGaming: They lied? I'm sorry they didn't tell you would need a online account and I'm sorry they didn't tell you the game didn't have LAN... oh wait... they did tell you that... my bad from the way you were acting I thought you didn't know before buying.
EPurpl3: LOL, I did not bought the game and I will never buy it, as I said, I don't care about this game, I only care about DRM on GOG, you should say that you are sorry because GOG did not told us that AoW 3 has DRM.

BKGaming: I find you hilarious honestly... whatever you must tell yourself to sleep at night buddy.
EPurpl3: First you should try to find your brain :D, than the posts about what DRM is, than you can find me hilarious... if you still can :P.

BKGaming: I love how this has boiled down to they included DRM because they left out a feature or did it in a way that you can't play online with one copy between multiple people... something nobody is legally allowed to do anyway because they agree to the TOS.

EPurpl3: Doing it in a way that you can not play online with one copy between multiple people, that is DRM, you are beginning to understand. Read post 74, very good post about how to prevent piracy and not only.
I'm not arguing with an idiot anymore... dude claims humble is DRM free then says you just need the internet for Steam. What an idiot.. .that is DRM. Steam is DRM.

Tells me to go read what DRM is... somebody be trollin hard.
Hm....

The fact that you had to make an account was a bad surprise and i agree with people saying that it should be stated clearly on the game's page.

But, didn't Neverwinter Nights 1 + 2 require you to make an account in a similar way to play multiplayer in internet?

What's so special about AoW 3 asking an account for multiplayer....
(I haven't tried to play it as a guest so i'm not so sure about the side effects)
low rated
BKGaming: I'm not arguing with an idiot anymore... dude claims humble is DRM free then says you just need the internet for Steam. What an idiot.. .that is DRM. Steam is DRM.

Am I trolling? :)) poor bugger, you're fucked up, don't you need internet to download games from GOG?!! if you need internet to download games from GOG does that mean that ALL GOG games have DRM?! damn, your stupid, thanks for confirm it over and over again. For Humble Bundle games you need internet to download them from Steam and than you can uninstall the Steam launcher and play the games without any DRM. LOL, I have just checked Humble Bundle, now you don't have to use Steam anymore, they have bought their own servers to host the games :)). Just check it out https://www.humblebundle.com/ .

So who is trolling, you poor bugger? ;)))
BKGaming: I'm not arguing with an idiot anymore... dude claims humble is DRM free then says you just need the internet for Steam. What an idiot.. .that is DRM. Steam is DRM.

EPurpl3: Am I trolling? :)) poor bugger, you're fucked up, don't you need internet to download games from GOG?!! if you need internet to download games from GOG does that mean that ALL GOG games have DRM?! damn, your stupid, thanks for confirm it over and over again. For Humble Bundle games you need internet to download them from Steam and than you can uninstall the Steam launcher and play the games without any DRM. LOL, I have just checked Humble Bundle, now you don't have to use Steam anymore, they have bought their own servers to host the games :)). Just check it out https://www.humblebundle.com/ .

So who is trolling, you poor bugger? ;)))
Okay then your just an idiot? Internet has nothing to do with it. The Steam client is DRM. The client controls everything you can do with your steam games, from playing online, to installing, to how many times you can install, it controls everything. Any game you buy that uses steam is essentially rented for as long as Steam is in business (outside of the few DRM free games one can find on steam which is rare).

Humble does usually provide a DRM free copy with a Steam copy when they can... however there are games they sell that only work with the steam client.

This is very different from GOG as is the reason us GOG users pick it over Steam.

Read this nice little article to get a better understanding:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/02/01/thought-do-we-own-our-steam-games/